This chocolate buttercream is soft, fluffy and decadent. The perfect match for chocolate cupcakes.
For a full tutorial for how to make this Chocolate Buttercream watch the video below.
- 1 Cup | 2 Sticks | 220g Butter
- 5 Cups | 625g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar | Confectioners Sugar
- ½ Cup | 50g Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup - 1 Cup | 125ml - 250ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl if you are using a hand mixer add the room temperature butter. Beat on high speed for about 5 minutes until the butter is soft and almost doubled in volume.
- Add the sugar in thirds, beating in between until completely incorporated. With the last third of the sugar add in the cocoa powder.
- The buttercream will be very thick at this point, turn the mixer to low speed and stream in half a cup of milk.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add more milk if you would like a thinner consistency.
- Add in the vanilla essence and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- Pipe onto your cupcakes or use to decorate your cakes.