This salted caramel sauce goes with just about anything, pour it over ice cream, add to baking, or dip in sliced apples. It’ll keep in the fridge for a few weeks and only takes minutes to make.
For a full tutorial watch the video below.
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Caramel Sauce with the perfect hit of salt
Author: Carina Stewart
Serves: 1 Cup
- 1 Cup | 125g Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons | 30ml Water
- ½ Cup | 125ml Cream
- 3 Tablespoons | 42g Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Measure out the sugar and water into a medium sized saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook the sugar for 8-10 minutes until it has become a deep amber shade.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the cream. The sauce will bubble up but continue to stir until the cream is evenly combined.
- Add in the butter and mix until combined.
- Add the salt slowly, tasting before adding more.
- Leave the caramel to cool slightly before serving.
The caramel will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.