Salted Caramel brings this sweet buttercream to life. Use it to pipe onto cupcakes or to decorate your favourite cake.
This buttercream uses salted caramel sauce. It’s easy to make yourself, only takes about 10 minutes, but to make this recipe even easier you can buy it from the store. If you want to make it yourself you can find the recipe here.
For a video tutorial on this salted caramel butter cream watch the video below.
- 1 Cup | 250g Butter
- 3 Cups | 375g Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar | Confectioners Sugar)
- ⅓ Cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- Beat the room temperature butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes until it is pale in colour and almost doubled in volume.
- Add the sugar in thirds, scraping down the sides of the bowl until it is fully incorporated.
- Add the salted caramel sauce and beat for another minutes until mixed.
- If the buttercream is too thick add a few tablespoons of milk to thin it out.