Looking for inspiration for lunches during the week or ways to use up your left over roast vegetables? Tossed with a sweet tangy dressing, you’ll love this roast vegetable salad.
It doesn’t take long to make and it stores in the fridge for 3-4 days making it great for meal prep! Try using whichever vegetables you would like or whatever you have on hand. Things like broccoli, zucchini, and tomato work really great roasted.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 Handful of Greens
- 2 Teaspoons Wholegrain Honey Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Drain the chickpeas and cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Alternatively if you have left over roast vegetables remove them from the fridge to come up to room temperature.
- Drizzle over the oil and salt + pepper and use your hands to toss the vegetables to coat.
- Place into a 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit oven for 30-45 minutes or until the potato is tender and vegetables have some colour.
- Leave to cool.
- To assemble the salad mix together the mustard, balsamic, and maple syrup in a jar.
- In a salad bowl add the greens and roast vegetables and pour over the dressing. Toss with salad servers and serve.
If you have left over dressing try using it to marinade chicken or over a simple green salad.