In a rush to make dinner and have no inspiration? This pasta is full of fresh ingredients, cooks entirely in one pot and is done in under 15 minutes. Easy.
The idea of this dish is you put all of the ingredients into one dish and cook it altogether leaving you with no dishes but the pot.
You would usually assume a recipe like this wouldn’t taste the best but you’ll be surprised here. The sauce is wonderfully creamy as it absorbs the starch from the spaghetti cooking in the liquid. A tip that I learned not too long a go is if you want to add creaminess to your pasta dishes go for the pasta cooking water over cream. It does so much of a better job.
For a full video tutorial of how to make this One Pot Pasta Dish watch the video below.
- ½ lb | 200g Spaghetti
- ½ Onion
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Handful Basil Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons | 30ml Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon | 15ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Cups | 500ml Water
- Salt + Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Place the spaghetti through the middle of a heavy based large pan. Make sure it sits flat, if not then just snap it in half.
- Slice the onion and garlic into thin slices and the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan with the pasta.
- Add the basil, keeping a few leaves for plating later on.
- Pour the water into the pan along with the oil and balsamic and salt and pepper.
- Heat over medium heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until the pasta is completely cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately in two bowls topped with parmesan cheese and basil.
I recommend using spaghetti for this dish as it will cook quicker than most other types of pasta.