There’s few things better than freshly baked cookies. These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy and filled with delicious oats. Simple and easy to make.
I’ve used chocolate chips in this recipe because.. well I find them so much better than raisins. If you actually prefer raisins over chocolate chips you can simply do a straight swap and add in the cinnamon. These cookies go with near about anything so try adding your favourite nuts.
If you make these oatmeal cookies don’t forget to send me a picture! I always love seeing all of your recreations.
For a full video tutorial watch the video below.
- ¾ Cup | 170g Butter
- ¾ Cup | 150g Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup | 60g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon | 5ml Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- 1⅓ Cup | 170g Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon | 3g Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1½ Cups | 135g Oats
- ¾ Cup | 130g Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl cream together the room temperature butter and both sugars until light and pale.
- Add the egg, vanilla and cinnamon if using and beat until well combined.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, and salt into the bowl and pour in the oats.
- Mix together the dough until just combined before adding the chocolate chips / raisins / nuts.
- Roll the cookie dough out into balls, about 1-2 tablespoons worth and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 180C | 375 F oven for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
The cinnamon is optional - I like to use it only when making the cookies with raisins