This mirror glaze gives the wow factor to any cake, a perfectly flawless mirror finish. If you’ve ever wanted to make a dessert to impress this is it! You don’t need any fancy equipment, just a frozen cake.
The mirror finish is created by pouring a glaze over a frozen cake. There are many different designs you can create using different colored glazes, gel food coloring, and a spatula. No two cakes will ever look the same.
For the Strawberry and White Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe that I used to top this glaze with click here. You can use any type of cake you would like for this glaze, just make sure it has been frozen overnight.
For a full video tutorial of how to make a Mirror Cake watch the video below.
- 1½ Cups | 300g Granulated Sugar
- ⅔ Cup | 200g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Cup + 1 Tablespoon | 150 ml Water
- 2 Tablespoons | 19g Gelatin Powder
- ½ Cup | 125 ml Water
- 2 Cups | 350g White Chocolate Chips
- Gel Food Coloring
- Frozen Cake
- Add the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and water to a medium sized saucepan and heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the water into the powdered gelatin and mix with a spoon. Leave to swell for a few minutes.
- When the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and water begins to simmer remove from the heat and add the swelled gelatin. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour the hot liquid on top of the chocolate chips and leave to sit for 5 minutes to melt.
- Use a whisk to stir the glaze until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Add the gel food coloring and stir until well mixed. Leave the glaze to cool.
- Once the glaze has cooled to 37C | 90F pour it over the frozen cake which is on top of a cup sitting on a tray to catch the drips.
- Leave the glaze to set for 15 minutes before using a spatula to remove the drips.
- Transfer the cake to the fridge to set for a few hours before serving.