Rice is a staple to many meals. It’s affordable, filling, and easy to make. There is no need for a rice cooker, the basics you’ll need is a saucepan, a sieve, and a few measuring cups.
For a full tutorial of how to cook rice watch the video below.
How to Cook Rice
How to make perfect rice from scratch
Author: Carina Stewart
- ⅔ Cup Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- Rinse rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Pour rice and water into a heavy based saucepan and place on high heat.
- Once the water comes to boiling point turn the heat to the lowest setting and place on the lid.
- Cook the rice for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Turn the heat off, remove the lid and fluff the rice up with a fork before placing the lid back on and leaving for another 5-10 minutes.
This recipe works for any amount of rice just use the 1 : 1.5 ratio of rice and water.