There is nothing more refreshing than a glass of ice cold Homemade Old Fashioned Lemonade. Made with fresh lemons this lemonade tastes 100 times better than any you could buy. It only takes a few minutes to make a large batch or enough for a few glasses.
Lemonade only requires three ingredients; lemon juice, sugar, and water. Many recipes require all the ingredients to be added to a pitcher and mixed yet that leads to a gritty drink. No thanks. The secret to a good lemonade is a simple syrup. Simple syrup is made with equal parts sugar and water and is used to sweeten many drinks and cocktails. It’s easy to make and you can store it in the fridge for up to a month.
The great thing about making your own lemonade is you can customize the flavor. Everyone has different preferences so if you prefer tart lemonade just add less simple syrup, more lemon juice.
For a full video tutorial of how to make this Homemade Lemonade watch the video below.
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Cups Water
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set to the side for the simple syrup to cool.
- Juice 6-8 lemons to get at least one cup of lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon juice to a pitcher with 1 cup of the simple syrup
- Add a few handfuls of ice and fill with 4 cups of water.
- Taste the lemonade and adjust with water or simple syrup to taste.
- Serve with freshly cut lemon slices and mint leaves.