These hash browns are perfectly crispy, delicious and best of all easy to make! Serve them with your favourite style of eggs for brunch.
For a full tutorial watch the video below.
Hash Brown Recipe
Perfectly golden brown crispy hash browns
Author: Carina Stewart
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Peel the potatoes and shred them using a box grater.
- Place the shredded potatoes into a large bowl filled with water to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the starch begins to collect at the bottom of the bowl drain the potato through a sieve.
- Use a kitchen towel to squeeze out as much moisture from the potato as possible.
- Place the potato into a clean bowl and season with salt and pepper. Give it a mix until evenly combined.
- Heat a heavy based pan over medium heat with the oil.
- Measure out half a cup of potato and press it firmly into the measuring cup.
- Turn the potato out into the pan and continue with remaining potato.
- Leave the hash brown to cook for about 10 minutes, check after 5 minutes to adjust the heat if the hash brown is getting to dark.
- Use a spatula to flip the hash brown and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.