There’s not much better than garlic bread straight out of the oven. It’s one of my favorite side dishes, a classic that can served at many different meals. Here is my recipe for the perfect garlic bread, it’ll taste so much better than the bought stuff.
The easiest way to make garlic bread is to make a garlic butter. I always make more than I will need as it will last in the fridge for 2-3 weeks and you can use it on just about anything! Making a garlic butter also means that you can make this ahead of time, then when you are ready just spread it on some bread and pop it in the oven. Done. Easy.
For a full video tutorial of how to make this garlic bread watch the video below.
- 1 Cup | 2 Sticks | 230g Butter
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 1 small handful of Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Loaf of Bread (whatever kind you would like)
- Place the butter into a medium sized bowl and mix to soften.
- Use a garlic crusher to crush each of the cloves of garlic into the bowl with the butter. Mix to combine.
- Fold the parsley between your fingers and use a sharp knife to finely chop it. Add to the bowl with the butter and garlic. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Use a bread knife to slice the loaf of bread ¾ of the way through, leaving the bottom still together. Using a butter knife spread a generous amount of the garlic butter on each slice of bread.
- Wrap the bread in tinfoil and place into a 200C | 400F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic bread from the oven and unwrap the foil. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes to brown. Serve.