Decadently dense, rich, chocolatey, chewy and fudgy brownies with the perfectly crackly crunchy top. Extremely indulgent and delicious, you’ll love this recipe.
There are actually quite a few different types of brownies; cakey, fudgy, chewy, crunchy. Everyone has a favourite and mine would have to be fudgy. Brownies that are somewhere in between chocolate cake and chocolate fudge and I think this is the best recipe you’ll find. These brownies are so dense and fudgy inside but they also have that so important crackly crunchy top.
Next time your in the mood for a sweet treat try this brownie recipe, you wont regret it!
For a full video tutorial for how to make these brownies watch the video below.
- 310g | 11 oz Chocolate
- 225g | 1 Cup | 2 Sticks Butter
- 450g | 2 Cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 125g | 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Cut the chocolate and butter into smaller pieces and place into a medium sized heat proof bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Leave for about 5 minutes to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Measure out the flour, salt and cocoa powder in a small bowl and set to the side.
- Once the chocolate and butter has melted pour in the sugar. Stir to combine and leave to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl crack in the 5 eggs and beat with a whisk for a few minutes until frothy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs and stir to combine.
- Switch to a spatula and sprinkle the dry ingredients over the chocolate and egg mixture. Fold together until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the brownie batter into a square tin a bake in a 180C | 350F oven for 30-40 minutes.
- The brownies are finished baking when a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before slicing into squares.
These brownies freeze well.
Try adding chopped chocolate or nuts to the batter.