Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Sweet and Tangy Cream Cheese Frosting
Author: Carina Stewart
Serves: 3 Cups
- ½ Cup | 1 Stick | 115g Butter
- 7oz | 200g Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups | 375g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- Beat room temperature butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for 5 minutes until pale and light and doubled in volume.
- Add the cream cheese to the butter and beat for a minute until well combined.
- Sieve the icing sugar or powdered sugar to remove any lumps and add it to the butter and cream cheese in thirds, beating well in between each addition.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for a further minute until the frosting is fluffy.