There’s nothing quite like a fresh batch of soft gooey chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven. These cookies are soft and chewy on the inside while still being crunchy on the outside. Once you try these chocolate chip cookies cookies you’ll never want to make another cookie recipe ever again.
Who can say no to a chocolate chip cookie? I don’t think many people can. These cookies are soft, chewy and gooey in the center because that’s the way I like them. Bake them until the just start to brown on the edges then pull them straight out. You’ll have the perfect batch.
These cookies are best enjoyed the day you bake them so make sure to share them around! They will stay fresh for 2-3 days in an air tight container. If you only want to bake a few the dough will freeze for 2-3 months, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time if baking them from frozen.
For a full video tutorial of how to make these chocolate chip cookies watch the video below
- ½ Cup | 110g | 1 Stick Butter
- ⅔ Cup | 150g Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup | 75g White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1⅔ Cup | 200g All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon | 5g Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon | 3g Salt
- ½ Cup | 200g Chocolate Chips
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars until light and pale.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda and salt into the mixing bowl and mix together with the butter mixture until it forms into a cookie dough. Fold the chocolate chips through.
- Roll about tablespoons worth of dough into balls and place on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in a 190C | 375F oven for 7-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Try changing the chocolate chips for dried fruit or nuts.
Unused dough will store in the freezer for 2-3 months. Add 5 minutes extra to the cooking time if baking from frozen.