Carrot Cake is a classic. A light and fluffy cake flavoured with shredded carrot and spices topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting.
- ½ Cup | 1 Stick | 115g Butter
- 7oz | 200g Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups | 375g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- Beat room temperature butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for 5 minutes until pale and light and doubled in volume.
- Add the cream cheese to the butter and beat for a minute until well combined.
- Sieve the icing sugar or powdered sugar to remove any lumps and add it to the butter and cream cheese in thirds, beating well in between each addition.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for a further minute until the frosting is fluffy.
There’s nothing more comforting and delicious than a homemade apple pie. Flaky pastry, sweet apple filling and spiced cinnamon served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Funfetti Cake is perfect for any celebration, or just one of the funnest cakes to make. Covered with vanilla buttercream and topped with a white chocolate ganache.
Shortcrust pastry takes less than 10 minutes to make and beats the bought stuff in every way. Make a double batch and freeze the leftover so you can always have pastry on hand.