These Belgian Waffles are thick and crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Serve with berries and freshly whipped cream for the ultimate weekend brunch.
For a full video tutorial for how to make these Belgian Waffles watch the video below.
- 250g | 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 80ml | ⅓ Cup Oil
- 500ml | 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a large sized mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk so everything is evenly combined.
- Seperate the two eggs, placing the yolks into the bowl with the dry ingredients and the whites into a clean bowl.
- Measure out the oil, vanilla, and milk and pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Give this a mix with a whisk until there is no longer any dry flour.
- Use a hand mixer or a whisk to whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the batter until well combined.
- Heat a waffle iron and spray with oil or brush on some melted butter.
- Measure out around ¾ of a cup of batter and pour into the waffle iron. Leave to cook for 5-10 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Serve with berries, whipped cream and maple syrup