All the goodness of a traditional apple crumble served in individual portions. Serve these baked apples with vanilla bean ice cream and homemade caramel sauce for the perfect dessert.
These baked apples are much easier to pull together than an apple crumble and are the perfect individual portions. Serve them up with yoghurt and a drizzle of honey and they could also make the most delicious weekend brunch.
For a full video tutorial for how to make these baked apples watch the video below.
- 6 Baking Apples
- ¼ Cup Flour
- ⅓ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Cubed
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the cold cubed butter and use clean hands or a fork to mix the crumble together until there are no longer any lumps of butter. Set to the side while preparing the apples.
- Remove the core from the apples using a knife or an apple corer and cut off the top of the apple to create a shelf.
- Place the apples on a baking sheet and top the crumble, pressing it down with your hands.
- Bake the apples in a 180 C / 350 F oven for about 15 minutes or until the apples are soft and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream and homemade caramel sauce or yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.