Enjoy a slice of quiche for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The flavour combinations are endless.
For a full tutorial for how to make this Bacon and Spinach Quiche watch the video below.
Bacon and Spinach Quiche Recipe
Author: Carina Stewart
- Short Pastry
- 1 Small Onion
- 6 Rashers Bacon
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- ¼ Cup Frozen Spinach
- 5 Eggs
- 1½ Cups | 375ml Cream or Milk
- Salt + Pepper
- Roll out the pastry and place into a quiche pan.
- Cut the onion and bacon into small pieces.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat and add the oil. Cook the onion and bacon for 8-10 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the onion has caramelised.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the spinach and set to the side.
- In a medium sized bowl crack in the eggs and pour in the milk or cream. Season with salt and pepper and use a fork to combine the ingredients together.
- Add the onion and bacon to the quiche crust along with the spinach and cheese.
- Pour over the custard and place into a 180C | 350F oven for about 50 minutes or until the centre only slightly jiggles when moved.
- Cool the quiche for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Cream is best used for this quiche, but half and half or milk can also be used.