Rice is a staple to many meals. It’s affordable, filling, and easy to make. There is no need for a rice cooker, the basics you’ll need is a saucepan, a sieve, and a few measuring cups.
For a full tutorial of how to cook rice watch the video below.
How to Cook Rice
- Rinse rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Pour rice and water into a heavy based saucepan and place on high heat.
- Once the water comes to boiling point turn the heat to the lowest setting and place on the lid.
- Cook the rice for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Turn the heat off, remove the lid and fluff the rice up with a fork before placing the lid back on and leaving for another 5-10 minutes.
This recipe works for any amount of rice just use the 1 : 1.5 ratio of rice and water.
There’s nothing more comforting and delicious than a homemade apple pie. Flaky pastry, sweet apple filling and spiced cinnamon served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Bolognese is a traditional Italian meat sauce. Most commonly served with spaghetti this can can also be used for many other dishes. Here’s my take on it.
Funfetti Cake is perfect for any celebration, or just one of the funnest cakes to make. Covered with vanilla buttercream and topped with a white chocolate ganache.
These devilled chicken wings are the perfect halloween themed appetiser. Sticky and sweet but they also carry quite a kick. Serve with a ranch dipping sauce to cool them down.