Cream cheese frosting is sweet and tangy with a unique flavour. It pairs perfectly with red velvet, carrot cake, banana cake, cinnamon buns and nearly anything else you can think of.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- ½ Cup | 1 Stick | 115g Butter
- 7oz | 200g Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups | 375g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- Beat room temperature butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for 5 minutes until pale and light and doubled in volume.
- Add the cream cheese to the butter and beat for a minute until well combined.
- Sieve the icing sugar or powdered sugar to remove any lumps and add it to the butter and cream cheese in thirds, beating well in between each addition.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for a further minute until the frosting is fluffy.
Rice is a staple to many meals. It’s affordable, filling, and easy to make. There is no need for a rice cooker, the basics you’ll need is a saucepan, a sieve, and a few measuring cups.
For a full tutorial of how to cook rice watch the video below.
How to Cook Rice
- Rinse rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Pour rice and water into a heavy based saucepan and place on high heat.
- Once the water comes to boiling point turn the heat to the lowest setting and place on the lid.
- Cook the rice for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Turn the heat off, remove the lid and fluff the rice up with a fork before placing the lid back on and leaving for another 5-10 minutes.
This recipe works for any amount of rice just use the 1 : 1.5 ratio of rice and water.
There’s nothing more comforting and delicious than a homemade apple pie. Flaky pastry, sweet apple filling and spiced cinnamon served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Bolognese is a traditional Italian meat sauce. Most commonly served with spaghetti this can can also be used for many other dishes. Here’s my take on it.
Funfetti Cake is perfect for any celebration, or just one of the funnest cakes to make. Covered with vanilla buttercream and topped with a white chocolate ganache.